Updates from Dr. Yaftaly
We are so excited to start seeing our amazing patients again! As we begin to open up appointment times, we wanted to let you know how appointments will be structured for the foreseeable future. Our safety for you and our team is #1 and with the new process in place we know we can continue to provide the service you have grown to love.
New Appointment Process
- Our confirmation procedure has not changed. Please confirm your appointment via text message or email prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Please complete our COVID-19 pre-appointment questionnaire using the web link in your confirmation or by visiting our website within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment.
- Please arrive to your appointment 15 minutes early and stay in your car. Call us at (805) 522-9242 or reply to your confirmation text (201) 621-5796 to check-in. If you have not completed your questionnaire, you will be required to do so at this time.
- Please limit extra companions on your trip to only essential people in order to reduce the number of people in the reception area.
- When ready, we will bring you back to our screening room where we will review your questionnaire, take your temperature, and have you wash your hands.
- Our team will be wearing full personal protective equipment including facemask, gloves, gowns, goggles or shields for everyone’s protection.
- We promise to keep smiling behind our PPE!
Other Safety Measures
- Please wear a mask when entering the office.
- We will provide hand sanitizer for your use.
- Maintain social distancing while in the reception area.
- Your dedicated treatment room will be sanitized and prepared with CDC approved disinfectants and we always use one of the most advanced autoclave sterilization systems for handpieces and instruments.
- Medify MA-112 Air Purifiers have been installed in every treatment room.
We will allow for more time between appointments, which may mean fewer available appointment times.
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding during this time. We appreciate your flexibility and feedback as we move forward together. As we receive guidance from the CDC and ADA we will alert you to any changes in our procedures. As always, if you have any questions please give us a call.